Core Beliefs and Mission Statement
The Metropolitan School District of Pike Township cultivates a diverse, innovative learning environment by opening doors of opportunity for students to achieve their maximum potential.
• Our community is strengthened by diversity, multiple perspectives, and mutual respect.
• Students need a safe environment to learn.
• Students learn best when they think critically, problem-solve, and effectively communicate and collaborate.
• Students are actively engaged when learning is authentic, interactive, relevant, and thought-provoking.
• Appropriate learning opportunities for students, teachers, and community are necessary to accomplish our mission.
• Educators use evidence to strategically plan and creatively prepare students for college, career, and life-long learning.