What is a Lottery-Based School?
The Metropolitan School District of Pike Township offers three lottery-based elementary schools and one middle school for families. Previously, there were differences in the school calendars; however all Pike Township schools now operate on the same school calendar. A curriculum focus was to be determined for these lottery-based schools, however the sudden school closure due to the pandemic interrupted the final decision prior to the 2020-2021 school year. An application-based enrollment process determines admission into these schools.
Which schools are lottery-based?
Elementary: New Augusta South Public Academy, Fishback Creek Public Academy, Eagle Creek Elementary
Middle School: New Augusta North Public Academy
Which lottery-based school would my student attend?
- If your elementary student's traditional school is Central or College Park, then he/she would attend Fishback Creek.
- If your elementary student's traditional school is Deer Run or Snacks Crossing, then he/she would attend Eagle Creek.
- If your elementary student's traditional school is Eastbrook or Guion Creek, then he/she would attend New Augusta South.
- All middle school students attend New Augusta North.
Note: If you do not know which traditional school your student would attend, use the Bus Stop Lookup to find out. These are general guidelines for school placement and there may be some exceptions. The lottery application will tell you exactly which school your student would attend.
What are the school times for the lottery-based schools?
Eagle Creek Elementary: 7:55am-2:55pm
New Augusta South, Fishback Creek, New Augusta North: 8:55am-3:55pm
How do I apply for a lottery-based school?
Lottery based school applications will be available online on February 13, 2023.
Please submit the online application for the 2023-2024 school year if:
- you are new to Pike Township schools
- you would like your current student in grades 1-7 to transfer from a traditional school to a lottery-based school
- you have an incoming sibling of a student who currently attends a lottery-based school
First Round applications must be submitted by 3pm, Monday, February 27, 2023 to be considered in the first round of the lottery. Families who learn about our lottery-based schools after this deadline may still submit an application. Subsequent lotteries may be conducted at any time throughout the school year and is determined by seat availability.
How do I know if my student will attend the lottery-based school?
Invitations will be mailed to the address provided on the application. If you haven’t received an invitation to attend a lottery-based school by March 17, 2023, your child has not been accepted in the first lottery round and your application will remain in our database for future lottery selections within the current school year. Please proceed with registering your student at the traditional school for the 2023-2024 school year.
For more information, please contact your child’s school.