Lincoln Middle School welcomes the active interest of parents and citizens in school, and invites the community to visit at any time. However, since schools are a place of work and learning, and must be secure, certain limits must be set to visits. The building principal is responsible for all persons in the building and on the grounds. For these reasons, the following policy applies to visitors to school:
- Anyone who is not a regular staff member or student of the school will be termed a "visitor."
- Any visitor to the school must report to the main office upon arrival at school and show proper identification.
- Parents who wish to observe a classroom while school is in session will be permitted to do so with the understanding that any type of conference with the teacher(s) shall be arranged pursuant the manner described below.
- Teachers should not be expected to take class time to discuss individual matters with visitors.
- The principal has final authority on permitting/approving school visitations.
Parents are encouraged to contact teachers whenever situations warranting praise or questions arise. Since teachers are responsible for students throughout the day, we ask that parents make appointments for conferences by calling your child’s guidance counselor or one of his/her teachers. Formal parent-teacher-student conferences are scheduled once each semester.