Welcome to MSD Pike Township. We are excited that the 2019-2020 school year is underway. It is my honor to lead this district into a new school year.
We will continue to be focused on important initiatives that will guide our work as we strive to meet the needs of ALL students. The responsibility of educating the children of Pike Township is not one that I take lightly. It is also not one that can be done alone. By setting high expectations, common goals, and working TOGETHER, we will make a positive difference and collectively get better each and every day.
I would like to thank our faculty and staff for their dedication to providing a world-class education to the children of Pike Township. You are helping to shape the future and doing a fabulous job at it. I would also like to note that the work we do would not be possible without the tremendous support we receive from our families and the Pike community at large.
In MSD Pike Township, our mission statement drives our daily work. It reads, “The Metropolitan School District of Pike Township cultivates a diverse, innovative learning environment by opening doors of opportunity for students to achieve their maximum potential.”
As we continue to celebrate the diversity of our community, our Superintendent’s Diversity Council will lead us in our efforts to ensure an inclusive environment for our students, staff, families, and the community.
The Diversity Council’s work reflects MSD Pike Township unwavering belief that:
- Our community is strengthened by diversity, multiple perspectives, and mutual respect,
- All students deserve an equitable school experience,
- All are invited, welcomed, and valued members of our Pike Family. It doesn’t matter if you are
- Black, brown, white
- Gay, straight, transgender
- Christian, Muslim, Jewish
- Born in the US or overseas, etc.
- We will follow and be accountable to the tenets of our human dignity policy
- We will continue to integrate culturally responsive instruction
- We will continue to review our policies and guidelines to be sure we walk the talk
- We will reach students where they are and build on their backgrounds and not just ours
- We will maintain high expectations because we BELIEVE everyone needs the opportunity to do more than they might believe they can
We are #PikeProud of our community and the educational experience that we provide! Join us in celebrating our fundamental belief that the children we serve have the passion to understand the world and the power to change it.
Dr. Flora Reichanadter, Superintendent of Schools
MSD Pike Township
Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Education
Dr. Larry Young
Assistant Superintendent of Secondary Education
Dr. Maggie Hernandez Bishop