Listed below are some of the various tutoring opportunities available at Pike High School.
1. Stay after school on Tuesdays (2:30 – 3:00) for extra help from teachers. Let the teacher know that you are staying. There is no late bus available.
2. The 21st Century Learning Center is open from 2:30 - 5:30, Monday through Thursday in the PFC media center. Students who stay for the entire time will have bus transportation available to them.
3. Attend the English lab held on Tuesday and Wednesday from 2:30-4:30 in F107.
4. Attend scheduled help sessions after school in the PFC Learning Center. Check with Mr. Moore in P109 for details. (347-8662).
5. Attend Math Learning Labs that are held on Wednesday and Thursday from 2:30 - 4:30.
6. Adult tutoring list and information about individual adult tutors available in the guidance office.
7. Tutoring and homework help is available at MSD of Pike Township sponsored C.L.E.A.R. Lab, now located at Guion Creek Middle School. Hours are 4:00pm-8:00pm. Adult and college students are available for tutoring.
8. Free tutoring sponsored by Greater Educational Opportunities Foundation (GEO). 524-3776
9. Crooked Creek Multi Service Center sponsors The Teen Opportunity Program (TOP). They provide homework assistance and tutoring after school, Tuesday through Thursday from 4:30pm to 6:30pm at 2990 West 71st Street / 293-2600
10. Check with local colleges and universities for teacher education programs etc., offering tutoring for high school students. Counselors may have lists of college students.
11. Help may be available through the various academic departments. Math, English, or World Languages may have tutor lists by subject or offer help sessions for struggling students. Check with teacher or department chair.
12. HOMEWORK HOTLINE provided by students from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Learning Center. (science and math questions) (1-877-275-7673)
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS MAY BE AVAILABLE IN THE PHS/PFC GUIDANCE OFFICE