Subha Balagopal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
At Guion Creek Elementary School, a commitment to do what is best for children guides everything we do. We understand that developing positive relationships with the community we serve is essential to our success. Guion educators enjoy working closely with our students, their families, and each other to achieve collective goals. Our staff goes above and beyond to ensure that our students and their families have the resources and support they need to flourish.
Every day our teachers have the privilege of learning alongside approximately 600 students who are inquisitive and full of potential. These learners represent more than 50 countries of origin and bring with them varied cultural experiences. This diversity enriches our school community and prepares our students for an increasingly global society.
Our highly qualified educators are committed to learning about each child’s interests, discovering their talents, and building upon their strengths. This approach helps our students feel safe, secure, and supported. We are dedicated to implementing best practices that provide the foundation necessary for all of our students to grow academically, while making sure their individual needs are met.
At Guion Creek Elementary School:
- Learners frequently engage in hands-on, project based STEM activities.
- Students have opportunities to experience instruction in science, technology, engineering and math. We acquired STEM School Certification from the Indiana Department of Education.
- Our robotics teams, The InvestiGators, have qualified for local, state and world competitions and won several accolades.
- We are one of three schools within Pike Township to offer the High Ability Program.
- Our Newcomers Program supports the needs of our English Language Learners.
- Our classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
If you are interested in learning more about excellence in action at Guion Creek Elementary School, please contact us at 317-216-5100, follow us on Twitter at @GuionGators or find us online at www.pike.k12.in.us/GCES.