The safety and well-being of our students is our number one priority! We want to ensure that all students leave the school safely and with the appropriate adults. In order to make this happen we ask that all adults picking up students at New Augusta South read and follow the procedures below.
1. The first day of school you will receive a car rider number. This number will help our staff ensure your student makes it to your car quickly and safely. You will receive multiple copies of this number to keep in your car. We ask that you put this number on the passenger’s side dash board of your car so it is visible to the staff on duty. You must have this number in your car daily to pick up your student. If you do not have a number, or do not have it with you, you will be asked to go to the office to pick up and sign out your student. You will also receive a matching number for your student on a small card. This card should be attached to your student’s backpack. (There will be a safety pin on the card to make this easier for you.) The student should have this card daily or until they have memorized their car rider number.
2. When you arrive at the school, drive from the front entrance around to the south side of the building (Lot B). The first five cars will pull up to the loading cones by door 4. The remaining cars will form a line behind them which will wrap around the front of the building.
3. When the car rider dismissal bell rings the staff members outside will radio the numbers for the first five cars to the staff members inside. The students for the first five cars will exit the building and load their cars. (While those students are loading, the students for the next five cars will be called out to prepare for loading.) When the students in the first five cars are safely loaded, the cars will be dismissed. The next five cars will then pull up to the cones to receive their students. This process will continue until all students are safely loaded into their cars to leave for the day.
Once you have received your student and are dismissed to leave please proceed carefully around lot B and to the exit.
Nikki J. Henson-Principal
1. What if I don’t get a car rider number on the first day of school?
a. If you do not get a car rider number on the first day of school you must park on the far side of lot A and walk inside to sign out your student. When you sign out your student you can ask in the office for a car rider number. Once you have this number you can pick your student in the car rider line any time thereafter.
2. What if I am not the only adult to pick up my student(s)?
a. We are providing you with multiple copies of your car rider number so that you can provide them to any adult you deem appropriate to pick up your student(s). By sending a copy of your car rider number with the adult you want to pick up your student(s) we will know you approve of that adult picking up your student(s).
3. What if I need to pick my student(s) up early?
a. If you need to pick your student up before they are dismissed at 3:50 you must go inside to the office and sign out your student. You must park on the far side of lot A. If you plan to pick your student up in the car rider line on other days make sure you get a car rider number so you can pick your student up in the car rider line any time thereafter.
4. What if I only pick my student(s) up occasionally?
a. You will need to let the office and your student’s teacher know if your student’s transportation is to change. (see the handbook for more information.) The first time you pick your student up you will need to get a car rider number. (This may be done in the office if you do not receive one on the first day of school. If you go into the office to pick up your student(s) you must park on the far side of lot A.) Once you have a car rider number you may pick your student up in the car rider line any time thereafter no matter how frequently you intend to do so.
5. What if I want to walk my student(s) home from school?
a. If you intend to walk your student(s) home from school you will need to meet them in the office and sign them out.