Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year
Wow! It is hard to believe that summer is quickly coming to a close! The entire staff is so excited to welcome your children to Central Elementary School (CES) this year! As we look forward to the first day of school, it is imperative that you read over the reminders that are included in this letter. As always, if you have any questions do not hesitate to call the office at 317-298-2778.
Important Information to Remember
Wednesday, July 31, 2019- Ice Cream Social-CES café-3:00-4:00 pm
- Class lists, supply wish lists, car rider numbers, parent council volunteer opportunities, free/reduced lunch forms will all be available during the ice cream social.
- Ice cream will be passed out as you exit the school building.
August 1, 2019-First Day of School-8:00 am-3:00 pm
- Please send your students to school via their daily mode of transportation. Students get very confused when they do not have stability in their arrival/departure routine.
- Breakfast will be served to all students beginning the first day of school.
- Please make sure kindergarten and first grade students first and last name are clearly visible on backpacks and/or name labels.
- Parents will only be allowed to go to the classroom on the first day, afterwards, we request that you say your good-byes in the breezeway. We promise to make sure your kiddo(s) get to the right place.
Safety & Security
- Vistors MUST report straight to the office. If you are picking your child up early for an appointment (bring your ID every day), you MUST do so by 2:30 pm. After 2:45 pm you must proceed to the car rider line or meet your child at their designated bus stop. Thank you in advance for adhering to these procedures and helping us keep ALL of our students safe.
- In order to volunteer in the classroom and go on study trips with students, you must have a background check on file. Each year you must fill out a new background check form. Background check forms for the 2019-2020 school year will be available at Back to School Night on Thursday, August 15, 2019.
Please join me as we welcome the following new staff members to the CES family:
- Gail McGee-Assistant Principal
- Haley Roesch-Instructional Coach
- Jami Riley-English Language Learner Teacher
- Greg Weimer-Physical Education Teacher
Uniforms should be worn to school Every day including FRIDAY. Please make sure that your child comes to school dressed for SucCESs. If your child is not in uniform, you will be called and/or he/she will be sent to the nurse’s station to change.
No Jeans, No Hoodies, No Exceptions!
The MSD of Pike Elementary Student Handbook is now available online. Please access the handbook at your convenience. In our efforts to be “GREEN” student handbooks will no longer be sent home with students. The handbook can be accessed using the following link:
Bus Transportation-An adult must be at the bus stop to receive kindergarten and first grade students every day. These students will not be released unless there is an adult present. Please give some additional time for buses to arrive during the first few days of school. We will not release buses from the school until we are certain that all students are safely on the bus.
Book Fees-Book fee pricing will come home during the first few weeks of school. Book fees are due by December 1st. Free/reduced forms are available upon request. You may also access the form at www.heartlandapps.com
Kindergarten & 1st grade-Parents please make sure that your child’s backpack and his/her shirt are labeled with the child’s first and last name. The first day of school is a whirlwind day, so much so that sometimes students are too shy to give their name. Labeling the students helps all staff members get them to the appropriate place. The safety and security of our students is of the utmost importance. Please make sure you have clearly communicated how your child is getting home (ex. Bus rider, car rider, day care bus, loving care)
Visitors-When you come to school for any reason, please make sure you have your ID. All visitors must sign in at the office through our Lobby Guard System. Vistors must wear the name tag provided while in the building. Parents and guests are not permitted to go to a classroom without making prior arrangements with the teacher. Students are to walk to class on their own. Parents must sign out in the office prior to leaving the school building.
We look forward to having an exciting, productive, fun, stimulating 2019-2020 school year!
Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can assist you as we progress through this year. We look forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones at the ice cream social.
Mrs. Erica Porter Mrs. Gail McGee
Principal, Central Elementary School Assistant Principal