The 8th grade Celebration will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 1:30pm in our gymnasium. The door at Entrance 2 located on the north side of the building will open for seating at 1:00pm. I am certain you will enjoy this special event as the students move to the 9th grade and continue their preparation for graduation in 2023!
Seating in the gymnasium is VERY limited! Please limit your guests to immediate family only with no more than 3 total guests. We want each of our students to have room for someone to come and support them. 6th and 7th grade siblings and friends attending Guion Creek Middle School will not be permitted to attend.
Please remember our district policies and procedures: Gifts, flowers, treats and balloons will not be allowed in the school, and we will not deliver these items to any students.
The 8th graders will eat during 4th period lunch prior to the Celebration.
Any student with a suspendable disciplinary incident, during the second semester, may not be permitted to participate in the Celebration and Semi-Formal Dance.
Locker cleanout for 8th graders will occur on Wednesday, May 22, 2019. On the last day of school, students will only need a writing utensil for classes. Students and their guests will NOT be allowed to return to their locker and/or the 8th grade hallway after the Celebration; students must have all their personal belongings with them prior to the program in the gymnasium.
You may depart with your student when the program has concluded. We ask that you exit quietly through door 2 as classes will still be in session for our 6th and 7th grade students. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We appreciate your understanding and support as we work to make your student’s final semester of 8th grade a meaningful one!
Mr. Gregory Nunley Jr, Principal
Guion Creek Middle School
Enclosed: 8th Grade Celebration Student Dress Code
8TH GRADE CELEBRATION STUDENT DRESS CODE
· Collared, pressed button down shirt with sleeves (short or long)
Both male/female…full length
· Professional business quality fabric & style
Young Gentlemen’s Clothing Options (all items listed together MUST coordinate):
· Business suit, dress shirt (tucked in), tie, belt, AND dress socks
· Sport coat, dress slacks, dress shirt (tucked in), belt, tie, AND dress socks
· Slacks, dress shirt (tucked in), tie, belt, AND dress socks
· Slacks, sweater, dress shirt (tucked in), belt, tie, AND dress socks
· Slacks, polo shirt (tucked in), belt, and dress socks
Young Ladies' Clothing Options (all items listed together MUST coordinate): Skirts and dresses must be FULL LENGTH (to the knee); Short lengths above the knee are NOT ALLOWED.
· Business suit (slacks or skirt), dress shirt (tucked in)
· Slacks, and dress shirt (tucked in)
· Slacks, dress shirt (tucked in)
· Knee length or full length skirt and dress shirt (tucked in)
· Knee length full length skirt and dress shirt (tucked in)
· Knee length business dress
· Coordinating dress shoes (athletic shoes are NOT permitted)
· Dress shoes/ professional open toes, with or without strap, heel no higher than 3”
· Dress sandals, with or without strap, heel no higher than 3”
Fashion No’s :
· Denims, shorts, culottes, rivets, lettering or designs of any kind
· Tank tops, T-shirts, sweats, athletic wear
· Slippers, flip-flops
· Short skirt or dress (anything above the knee is considered short)
· Visible midriffs, cleavage, or undergarments; (no strapless blouses or dresses)
· Spaghetti straps
· Too tight or too loose
· Sheer or see through
Please note this is not a comprehensive list. Any student not dressed appropriately will not be
allowed to participate in the 8th Grade Celebration. If you have a question about your outfit,
please ask BEFORE the event.
Reminder: Any student that receives any type of suspension as a disciplinary action may NOT
be allowed to participate in the Celebration.