We are excited to offer you American Red Cross Lifeguarding Blended Learning. Blended learning combines online learning with on-site skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency. Please plan to complete the initial online lessons of your training at least two days prior to your first on-site skills session, which is scheduled for September 29th at our Pike Aquatic Center.
Signing up for this class does not guarantee you certification. You must pass all skill assessments and the written test to complete certification. You will only be given two attempts at the written test.
You must register for the class online by Thursday, September 28th. No Late Registrations!!!
REGISTRATION OPENS: NOW OPEN
You will need to complete the online content before the 1st meeting September 29th.
Lifeguard Certification Fees:
$35 Paid to Red Cross for Online Content (Due online when you register)
$200 Paid 1st Face to Face Meeting September 29th (Money Order only payable to MSD of Pike)
Must be 15 years of age before September 29th
Must be able to swim 300 yards without stopping
MUST PROVIDE CURRENT CERTIFICATION CARDS: EXPIRE AFTER October 1, 2017
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH ONLY (2pm-6pm)
$100 Paid face to face meeting September 30th (Money Order payable to MSD of Pike) + $35 Red Cross online content
MUST PASS WRITTEN TEST/TEST OUT CPR/TEST OUT WATER RESCUES
MUST PRE-REGISTER VIA EMAIL. email@example.com
Please follow the registration process outlined below to gain access to the online portion:
Click here: http://classes.redcross.org/R/class 000000006611286/14164778PHS
(If it does not open, copy and paste the URL into your browser).
- If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one – click the “New User” link and complete the information for the account – please make note of your username and password for future access to the online content.
- The next step will be to click “Confirm.”
- You will be asked to select a Payment. From the drop-down menu, select Credit Card as the method of payment. Enter your credit card information and click “Submit”.
- You are now enrolled. You may launch the content immediately by clicking the “Go To My Enrollments” button, then click the “Launch” link next to the appropriate course. Or, you may log in at a later time.
To log in at a later time:
1. Click http://classes.redcross.org
2. Enter your username and password.
3. Go to the “My Learning” tab and the “My Enrollments” page will be displayed.
4. Select the “Launch” link for the appropriate course to view and take the content.
If you need assistance accessing the online session, please contact the American Red Cross Training Support Center at 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
As you complete the online lessons, please print a progress report from the Main Menu page of the online course. Bring a progress report to each on-site skills session to verify completion of the online lessons.
Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.
Mallory Miles/ Thomas Moore
(317) 387-4602/(317) 387-2689