On Wednesday, January 20, the Youth CareerConnect Advisory Team will meet in the Pike High School Media Center from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. Pike High School’s YCC Team, which meets quarterly, is comprised of students, educators, industry leaders, and representatives from institutions of higher learning.
Wednesday’s meeting will feature the following round table discussions:
- Definition of College and Career Readiness and its importance for students
Facilitator: James Dolan, Vincennes University Logistics Training Education Center
- Foreseeable changes in the workplace
Facilitator: Tracey Everett, Conexus
- Top employability skills: Preparing students for the soft & technical skills that will be required
Facilitator: Mary Anna Weber, Stimulus Engineering
- Preparing students for cultural, ethnic and social norms in the workplace
Facilitator: Reginald McGregor, Rolls Royce
- Creating opportunities and overcoming barriers for student internships and jobs
Facilitators: Gary Pellico & Denis Schinderle, Ivy Tech
The Youth CareerConnect Grant provides students with education and training that combines rigorous academic and career-focused curriculum to increase students’ employability for in-demand industries and occupations including those in information technologies, advanced manufacturing and logistics, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields. By engaging partnerships between business and industry, our students will have work-based learning experiences that will better prepare them for the world of work and lead them in a career pathway filled with opportunities for success.
“Pike High School is the pipeline for
~U.S. Secretary of Labor, Thomas Perez~